Warehouse Materials Lead
The Garage Door Store
The Garage Door Store is currently accepting applications for the Warehouse Materials Lead based in Dartmouth NS. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the primary role of this position is to manage all material and products in the Overhead Door Warehouse. Some weekend work and/or overtime may be required.
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of distribution warehouse.
- Cutting and assembling overhead door sections as required.
- Picking hardware orders, assemble track packages and packing to requirements of the internal and external customer requirements.
- Preparing cables and springs to requirements.
- As required helping on install and services crews.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function
- Direct working knowledge of operations, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Ability to learn new computer skills.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing / distribution of metal doors, frames and related hardware, sales / service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 50 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.
Please submit your resume quoting competition number 23WML0220 to Human Resources by:
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 506-857-1594
Mail : 714 Windmill Rd
Dartmouth NS B3B 1C2