Estimator / Project Manager
The Estimator / Project Manager is a full-time position reporting to Group Manager. The primary role of this position is to manage awarded contracts. Some weekend work and/or overtime may be required.
- Responding to customer requests for estimates in a timely fashion for commercial construction with a focus on architectural hardware, commercial steel doors, frames and architectural wood doors.
- Refining the estimating process by implementing processes and systems to improve the efficiency.
- Analyzing data on factors that can influence costs, such as materials, labor and location.
- Work with subcontractors and/or suppliers as required on any pricing issues.
- Assist the team, customers and site superintendents in the coordination, expedition, and distribution of all project information and changes. This will involve specific attention to scheduling, reconciling product and project paper work.
- A college diploma (ie. PTech, CET) or university degree is required.
- AHC, CDC, EHC or AOC DHI Designations or 5 years experience in manufacturing and/or construction industry are considered an asset.
- Demonstrated project coordinating skills in commercial and/or institutional construction settings.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications.
- Experience in Electronic Access Control, CCTV, and/or Intrusion are considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Strong teamwork values.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing / distribution of metal doors, frames and related hardware, sales / service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 50 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.
Please submit your resume quoting competition number 24EPM220 to Human Resources by:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 506-857-1594
Mail : 714 Windmill Rd
Dartmouth NS B3B 1C2