Operational Case Manager
Codiac Regional RCMP
Salary Range: Group 7 $72,037.31 to $94,548.97
Job # P877e
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
The incumbent reviews and analyzes investigational reports and correspondence within the Occurrence Records Management System (ORMS) to ensure data integrity, thoroughness and compliance with directives and overall quality of the police investigation. The incumbent will adopt and promote methods of quality assurance evaluation of the data within ORMS.
The incumbent will ensure that operational investigative deficiencies are reported to the Detachment Commander/ Watch Commander and or delegate, so that further operational guidance and direction is taken.
The incumbent works with minimum supervision and is self- motivated to review a large number of Police Reporting and Occurrence System (PROS) files and provide proper and timely oversight of investigations as well as assuring adherence to both Operational and PROS policies.
This position reports directly to Director of Strategic Planning and Policing Support Services.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalency.
- Must have a RCMP Depot Certificate or Diploma from other government recognized police academy.
- Post-Secondary education is considered an asset
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of policing experience with at least 2 years of recent supervisory experience within a Canadian police force.
- The incumbent will have comprehensive knowledge and experience of the Uniform Classified Reporting (UCR) computer system and RCMP investigative policy and practice (or have the ability to acquire knowledge) and hold (or have the ability to acquire) PROS supervisor level designation.
- English Essential. The ability to communicate in the French language would be an asset, but not a requirement.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of Windows applications such as Internet/Intranet and PROS.
- The incumbent must have strong interpersonal and analytical skills and be highly motivated with respect to implementing change.
- Must be motivated and capable of working with limited supervision while conducting or managing concurrent assignments. The incumbent must be able to manage multiple priorities and possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and possess a high degree of independent judgment.
- Above average organizational and time management skills are essential. This role operates in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
It is a condition of employment that the incumbent must be of the highest integrity and character and will be subjected to security screening to the "Secret" level. This involves background and character investigation of successful applicants and their immediate families. This is required prior to the necessary level of security clearance being granted for this position. This level of security must be maintained throughout the duration of employment in this position. Similarly, the incumbent's use of all police information will be in accordance with RCMP policy, regulations and directives. Since the work is of a confidential nature, the incumbent must be prepared to undertake an Oath or Affirmation of Secrecy and Loyalty.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The applicants must submit their application through the online system at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - January 29, 2020
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)