By-Law Enforcement Officer
Job # P878
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of By-Law Enforcement Officer with the By-Law Enforcement Department.
The incumbent will be responsible for researching, investigating and enforcing municipal by-laws within the City of Moncton. The incumbent will be required to work within established policies and expected to exercise independent judgement and initiative at resolving complex issues and complaints.
This is a highly responsible position that reports to the Director, By-Law Enforcement.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate:
- Two (2) year post-secondary education with a diploma in policing and corrections, paralegal or other equivalent training.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in regulatory or enforcement field.
- Possess an above-average level of commitment, initiative, tact, and judgment.
- Be a self-motivator and team player.
- Have experience relative to municipal law enforcement including research, investigation and court proceedings.
- Have a willingness to upgrade skills when required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both languages (oral; English and French) is required. Must meet INTERMEDIATE (2+) Level as per the Province of New Brunswick Linguistic Standards in both languages as a minimum requirement.
- Possess a class 5 driver's license in order to conduct site inspections and court proceedings.
- Be a member in good standing of a professional association relating to By Law Enforcement
- Possess a strong knowledge of municipal, provincial and federal regulations and procedures relating to by-law enforcement.
- Have the ability to read, analyze and interpret by-laws.
- Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Have the ability to effectively present information, respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with CHEA Local 60200.
MISSION: Work together to grow our economy and improve the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: Create a city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect and excellence
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - JANUARY 29, 2020
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)