Licenced Practical Nurse
The Birches Nursing Home is a Community Governed organization that operates a 42 bed Continuing Care Centre. The Birches is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a health workplace for its 100 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels.
The LPN functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team under the direction of the RN & the Resident Care Manager to provide direct nursing care to residents.
- Current registration with the Licensed Practical Nurses Association of Nova Scotia.
- Recognized Pharmacology course and experience in the administration of medicines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, families, visitors and co-workers
- Ability to work a 24-hour shift rotation on any program area.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis. Heavy lifting required; demonstrated use of proper body mechanics.
- Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member
- Ability to work 24-hour shift rotation on any nursing unit
- Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Demonstrated ability to live the values of The Birches
- Experience in long term care
- Knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management and/or Infection Control
- Experience working with Alzheimer's and related dementias
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive compensation package including: a pension plan, attractive benefits plan, and a competitive salary.
HOURS OF WORK: Given the scope and responsibility of the role, there may be occasions where you may be required to stay beyond this time period. On call availability/flexibility may also be required at times.
Please email resume to:
The Birches Nursing Home
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929