Integration Specialist - Lead
Under the authority of the Senior Director of Products & Development, the Integration Specialist plays a key role in integrating simulation software and maintaining our simulation solutions at Bluedrop's production facility and at the customers' site. The integration team works closely with the systems engineering, software development and production teams to seamlessly incorporate a variety of 3rd party technologies (hardware and software) into our simulation products. The integration team is also responsible for product configuration management.
- Lead Integration and support activities for Bluedrop product team
- Identify, prioritize, assign and monitor progress of integration, delivery and support tasks
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with other functional team, suppliers and contractors
- Setup and configure systems using vendor provided documentation
- Document and execute systems setup procedures and configuration
- Evaluate and make recommendations on hardware and software systems based on requirements
- Perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis and solution development
- Work closely with technology vendors to provide system level support and resolve issues.
- Participate in the architecture design, development, and documentation
- Carry out feature, regression, and integration tests across all aspects of our simulation products
- Provide both remote and on-site customer support for existing products deployed in the field
- Required to travel to support on-site integration, trade shows, product demonstrations, technical support, etc.; sometimes on short notice
- Conduct customer and field support training
- Conduct product demos
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred
- Experience in a leadership role is preferred
- Must be familiar with technical concepts of software systems such as operating systems, networking and related performance metrics such as CPU usage, memory usage, network utilization, throughput bottlenecks, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows OS and experience using GUI-based Windows applications is essential
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills: troubleshooting; root cause analysis; find solutions
- A thorough understanding of virtual environments
- Good working knowledge of Linux OS is a plus
- Knowledge of networks and networking concepts
- Experience with software and system testing
- Extreme attention to detail, keeping to timelines and expectations
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Must be comfortable travelling to remote sites in both a product support and a customer-facing training role
- Software development experience an asset
- IT support experience an asset (e.g. troubleshooting networks, software, computers, etc)
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best...