Assembly Technician (Mechanical)
The Assembly Technician (Mechanical) is responsible for assembling simulators in Bluedrop's Integration Facility (and at customer facilities) with a focus on the mechanical aspects of the assembly process. The Assembly Technician will also support field repairs of simulators, as required. The Assembly Technician reports to the Integration Facility Manager.
Responsible for performing the following tasks within an assembly environment:
- Reading and interpreting assembly and manufacturing drawings and documentation;
- Assembling simulators from sub-assemblies, including structural, mechanical, IT equipment, cabling and other systems;
- Assisting with simulator cabling (e.g. IT cables);
- Labeling parts, assemblies, and cables;
- Inspecting parts and sub-assemblies received from suppliers and sub-contractors, using checklists;
Completing assembly checklists and reports;
Documenting the assembly process with text and photographs;
Performing Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs);
Report, document, troubleshoot and resolve assembly issues;
Disassembling and packing simulators for shipment to client sites;
Travelling to client facilities to perform simulator unpacking and re-assembly;
Performing inventory management procedures (receiving, stocking, picking);
Performing tool management procedures;
Participating in R&D projects, as assigned;
Maintaining clean work areas in the integration facility;
Following and enforcing safe work practices in the integration facility.
- College diploma (or equivalent);
- Hands-on experience in assembling, and/or troubleshooting mechanical systems;
- Highly organized, flexible, deadline driven and detail oriented;
- Eye for detail and ensuring high quality deliverables;
- Strong writing and documentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner;
- Demonstrated ability to follow safe work practices and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to follow quality procedures;
- Willingness to travel occasionally (for system installations);
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance;
- Electrical wiring and troubleshooting would be considered an asset;
- General knowledge of IT systems would be considered an asset (e.g. wiring up an IT Rack using instructions).
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best...