Administrative Support (Clinical) (1025)
Competition #: 4-6939 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Perform various office and secretarial duties for the pathology sector. Enter pathology specimens in Meditech, including surgical and cytopathology specimens. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related and allied duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the sector.
- Medical secretary training or postsecondary secretarial course (minimum of one year) with additional medical terminology training
- One year of previous experience
- Good knowledge of computer tools (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.) and ability to use them
- Ability to transcribe medical reports
- Ability to perform work without constant supervision
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.