Court and Administration Officer
"Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play."
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Court and Administration Officer with Codiac Regional RCMP.
Under the general supervision of the NCO i/c of Court and the Manager of Police Support Services, the incumbent will be responsible in conducting day-to-day duties related to the submission of files and appropriate charges and disclosure to the Courts, as well as the management of existing Court files currently before the Courts.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
RCMP Depot Certificate or Diploma from other 2-year Government issued policing program and more than five (5) years of experience working in law enforcement.
Additional post-secondary education is considered an asset.
Well-developed organizational skills.
The ability to be tactful, exercise diplomacy and conduct negotiations with the public in difficult situations.
A willingness and ability to upgrade skills when required.
Fluency in both official languages (English and French) is considered an asset.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada; the Youth Criminal Justice Act; Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes and maintain current on any new developments with case laws.
- A good working knowledge of computers and their applications.
- Must have a knowledge of the JIS (Justice Information System), PROS (Police Reporting and Occurrence System), CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre), GroupWise and UCR (Uniform Crime Reporting).
- Ability to conduct a systematic inquiry into events or occurrences to determine appropriate courses of action and ensures all evidence and/or suspects are located, recorded and processed.
- Ability to prepare and present testimony in Court.
- Ability to prepare and organize evidence and supporting documentation and present testimony in a professional and impartial manner in Court.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and RCMP policies, procedures and strategic priorities: understands and applies all relevant laws, statutes, acts and regulations, and/or RCMP policies, procedures and strategic priorities that have a direct impact on the role being performed.
- Knowledge of the RCMP quality assurance processes: has an understanding of how to check, monitor and measure the systems, products, services and/or activities of a function on an ongoing basis in order to identify and manage risks; assures that procedures and policies are being safely, effectively and efficiently followed; and recommends corrective actions and continuous quality improvements.
- Records and Information Management: applies appropriate procedures to record and maintain accurate, relevant and logical files and information.
- The incumbent must also be adept with the current external and RCMP reporting programs which are in use such as PROS, CPIC, JIS and GroupWise. The ability to research and record information with the use of these programs is essential to the proper recording and documenting of the daily court procedures.
- Adobe Acrobat is the standard format for presentation of disclosure. The incumbent will require a high level of proficiency in the use of this application.
MISSION: Work together to grow our economy and improve the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: Create a city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS: Accountability, professionalism, respect and excellence
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall.
To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE : NOON - JANUARY 25, 2019
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)