At Marine Atlantic, we do so much more than get people from point A to point B. Whether it's reunions, long-awaited trips home, or the start of a new adventure, we bring people together. We couldn't bring people together every day without our own dedicated employees. Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented team-players who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
Are you seeking a rewarding employment experience to work in a team environment that allows you the opportunity to develop new skills and build a career?
If so, Marine Atlantic is currently accepting applications for an Accounting Analyst to work with our Finance department at our Port aux Basques, NL location.
The Company's finance and accounting group process' all payroll, payables and receivables; generates and distributes performance reports; compiles required Federal government reports, and controls the company's cash and financial instruments. The department also assists in preparing budgets, corporate plans, various analysis', and provides support to other departments with their financial and administrative needs.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Corporate Accounting, the Accounting Analyst will assist in activities relating to the internal and external reporting requirements for the Corporation. This position combines a thorough knowledge of accounting and finance issues with business sense.
What qualifications will you need to be considered for this opportunity?
Education and Experience:
- A business degree or college diploma with a concentration in accounting with 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- A combination of equivalent education, job-related training and experience in a related position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of different financial and analytical techniques
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex financial issues or problems
- Ability to analyze complex financial data and report to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage own work plan while respecting all deadlines (includes skills in organization, prioritization and multi-tasking).
- Detail oriented, well organized and a demonstrated ability to function effectively with a high degree of interdependence and autonomy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Power Point and Word, and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Currently working toward an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA), or willing to work toward one
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and finance issues, financial reporting, accounting standards and control techniques
- Ability to use specialized financial management systems and applications
Why work for Marine Atlantic?
As part of the Marine Atlantic team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities to navigate your career and chart your course for success. We are dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
How do I become part of the team?
Simply click 'apply online' below to submit your cover letter, resume, and application before 4 pm (Atlantic Time) on 25 June, 2018
For your application to be considered, all questions must be completed.
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada.
Marine Atlantic Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities, and Visible Minorities.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department.