Operational Assistant – Crime Reduction
Operational Assistant - Crime Reduction
Codiac Regional RCMP
Job # P768
"Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play."
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for Operational Assistant - Crime Reduction.
The incumbent is responsible for "sources" including cash handling, offender management (Tracking of Parolees), Tracking and preparing reports related to Prolific Offenders and handling the Crime Stoppers information and taking appropriate action regarding tips received. This position deals with highly sensitive information and requires a discrete, focused and detail-oriented person.
Reports to the NCO i/c General Investigation Section/Offender Management
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- Must have a 2-year College Diploma in Business Administration OR equivalent 2-year Diploma with relative business related courses.
- Requires minimum three (3) years experience in performing similar or related duties.
- The incumbent should have the ability to adapt to legal phraseology and procedure. Good communication skills are required by virtue of frequent contact with employees and the general public.
- Fluency in both official languages is a requirement (English and French).
- Requires minimum typing speed of forty (40) w.p.m.
- Excellent knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to develop excellent abilities in PROS, CPIC, JISNB, UTS, PIP, Batchgeo, or any new RCMP computer system is a must.
- Judgement and Initiative
- The incumbent must possess an above average degree of initiative, judgement, tact and ability in that he/she is frequently required to do work without supervision or assistance while members are out on assignment and must rely on his/her own abilities in coping with daily inquiries from public and carrying out the activities of this section until members return. The confidential nature of many areas of this section also requires a high degree of integrity on the incumbent's part. This person must be able to interpret policies and procedures contained in government directives and RCMP manuals.
- No supervision of other employees is required.
It is a condition of employment that the incumbent must be of the highest integrity and character and will be subjected to RCMP security screening. This involves background and character investigation of successful applicants and their immediate families. This is required prior to the necessary level of security clearance being granted for this position. Must maintain necessary RCMP security clearance requirements for this position throughout the duration of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment. Similarly, the incumbent's use of all police information will be in accordance with RCMP policy, regulations and directives. Since the work is of a confidential nature, the incumbent must be prepared to undertake an Oath of Affirmation of Secrecy.
Must be willing to participate in required training courses, which could include the need to travel.
Testing in either official language could be required. Other relevant testing may be administered.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS: Sustainability, diversity, creativity, engagement and leadership.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - JUNE 22, 2018
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)