Bilingual Human Resources (HR) Generalist
Looking for an amazing career opportunity? Looking to work for a growing company?
The Franchise Management Group of Companies (FMI) is one of the largest franchise owner/operators in North America with over 260 locations. We own numerous franchised restaurants operating under the Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell and Panera Bread brands (among others), as well as a growing convenience store business. With approximately 5,000 employees, FMI is an aggressively growing best-in-class organization.
FMI is actively seeking a Bilingual HR Generalist to join our team at our support center in Woodstock, New Brunswick! This is an exciting opportunity that will see you advising, coaching, and supporting all employees, including managers and supervisors, on all HR-related matters. With the company culture, vision and values top of mind, you will also help to foster a positive environment built on open communication, authenticity, and mutual respect for one another. Of course, you will also ensure that all HR policies, processes and procedures are compliant with the Canadian and the US Employment Standards.
Job duties include but are not limited to;
- Coordinate and train front line managers on company policies, processes, systems and reporting activities
- Administer compensation program, including salary recommendations and annual reviews
- Develop, implement and compile employee satisfaction surveys, make recommendations to the management team based on results and implement and administer retention programs and initiatives
- Coach and counsel front line management regarding company policy, procedure, and employee relations issues
- Coach and support managers and supervisors regarding employee and labor relations issues in order to enable them to address employee issues at store level
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal regulations and legislation pertaining to employment and labour laws
- Ensure the company is compliant with legislative and industry Occupational Health and Safety requirements by researching, developing, consulting and recommending appropriate strategies and procedures
- Oversee the WCB claims process and the return to work process
- Ensure Managers are conducting proper incident/accident investigation
- Measuring staffing effectiveness including turnover analysis and action planning
- 2 - 5 years of Human Resources experience (equivalent combinations of education and experience will be evaluated).
- Must be fluent in French and English
- Member of local Human Resource's Association and CPHR preferred
- Post-secondary degree /diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent work related experience
- Ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality
- Must be computer literate with specific experience in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Windows programs WORD and EXCEL; experience in Human Resource software helpful
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and departments while working with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to provide recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies
What can FMI offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, and Life Insurance
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in FMI events that give back to our community
- Positive and inclusive work culture
Candidates are required to demonstrate on their applications how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
We encourage applicants to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.