As one of Canada's largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency trading platforms, NDAX has set the bar high for the country's fintech industry and is constantly leading the way in terms of security and innovation. We're on a mission to empower more Canadians to unlock the full potential of digital finance. To address the various needs in the Canadian cryptocurrency space, NDAX has assembled a multidisciplinary team with diverse backgrounds, including finance, technology, engineering, compliance, marketing, and more.
We're proud to have been recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work®.
If you are an experienced Cyber Security Specialist, NDAX has the right opportunity for you!
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Cyber Security Qualifications / Skills
- System administration
- Network security
- Problem solving
- Information security policies
- On-call network troubleshooting
- Firewall administration
- Network protocols
- Routers, hubs, and switches
- Informing others
- Process improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) at start date
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Experience developing and deploying signatures (e.g. YARA, Snort, Suricata, HIPS)
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows), VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Bonus – Awards – Gifts
- Work From Home – Flexible hour
- Free access to gym (For Calgary based employees only)
- Free snacks and drinks at the office