About McCain Foods
In 1956 McCain Foods Limited was founded by Harrison and Wallace McCain in the village of Florenceville, New Brunswick. The original potato processing plant, nestled on the bank of the St. John River, employed 30 people and produced about 1,500 lbs. of potato products an hour. At the end of the first year, sales amounted to $152,678.
McCain Foods Limited has become the number one producer of French fries worldwide. The privately-owned company has more than 55 processing plants on six continents. McCain Foods has a manufacturing capacity of more than 1,000,000 lbs. of potato products an hour. Worldwide, McCain Foods employs more than 20,000 people.
The McCain Group of companies offers diverse employment opportunities and includes transportation and other non-food companies. Included within the McCain Group are the Day & Ross Transportation Group, McCain Fertilizers and McCain Produce.
McCAIN CORE VALUES AND PHILOSOPHY
- We take pride in being a family business, which builds wealth through and for our people and communities.
- We "drink the local wine." We are multicultural. We want a cohesive feeling of belonging, irrespective of nationality.
- We encourage entrepreneurship through autonomous, hands-on, local management.
- We dare to fail. We do not punish mistakes. We learn from them.
- We value teamwork and give our people the same loyalty that we expect from them.
- We always seek to deal with employees, customers, suppliers, and the community in general with honesty, integrity, respect, and fairness.
BECOMING A McCAIN EMPLOYEE
McCain Foods Limited continues to globally expand and is actively seeking professional men and women in a variety of fields, including: Production, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Corporate Development, Agronomy, Information Services, Human Resources and McCain Quality Performance.
A McCain career offers challenge, responsibility, and the exciting opportunity to gain expertise within a national or international realm. If you fit the profile of a future McCain employee, please submit a resume for the job posting listed below:
- You are resilient and confident.
- You display a keen business awareness.
- You are a team player.
- You communicate effectively.
- You are results-oriented.
- You are open-minded.
If you would like more information about McCain Foods, please visit our Website at: