Marketing & Events Coordinator
The Startup Zone is currently seeking a Marketing & Events Coordinator who is self-motivated and passionate about storytelling, social media, and event coordination. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing Startup Zone's social media platforms, designing and executing events, and a variety of administrative tasks listed below.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will work at the Startup Zone during office hours 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. There will be some night and weekend work to assist the Startup Zone programming and hosting of events. The Marketing & Events Coordinator will be required to adhere to the confidentiality and standards set out by the Startup Zone Employee Handbook.
Applications for the position close on Wednesday, December 23rd, at 11:59pm.
Marketing & Social Media
- Develop communications and marketing strategies that build awareness and brand recognition and align with related budgets.
- Write copy for all initiatives, including marketing materials, social media platforms, and internal communications.
- Develop and maintain online communications through social media, newsletters, email.
- Own and manage Startup Zone social media platforms and create timely and engaging content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.)
- Maintain and update the Startup Zone website.
- Plan and organize Startup Zone events and workshops from start to finish.
- Lead promotional activities for both Startup Zone events and community events hosted in the space and digitally (as required).
- Develop all event materials including online registration pages, invitations, and final reporting.
- Develop in-house programming with local specialists in sales, marketing, legal and accounting.
- Organize team Google drive and update digital filing.
- Liaising with prospective resident companies, visitors, event guests, and sponsors.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, and resident onboarding.
- Other office and admin duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in social media management.
- Effective experience in Wordpress and website maintenance.
- Understanding and acceptance of open workspaces.
- Experience using G Suite - Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, etc...
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications & Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations or relevant field.
Work With Us
The Startup Zone accelerates new startups or existing businesses by connecting them with the space, resources, and supports they need to grow. Come join our team!