Englobe Corp. is on an exciting growth path in Atlantic Canada and we are currently looking for a Senior Materials Technician/Technologist to join our excellent team in Dartmouth, NS.
Who we are?
Established in 1961, Englobe Corp. is one of Canada's leading geotechnical, construction materials and environmental firms, offering a comprehensive range of professional services to a wide array of clients. Englobe operates 60 offices across Canada and has a current full-time staff of over 1,800 employees nationwide and nearly 200 in Atlantic Canada alone. We have been in NS since the 1970’s.
If you are looking for a challenge in a team-oriented, friendly and respectful work environment on a growing team, we would love to hear from you. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Receiving and properly recording all field samples for testing and/or holding.
- Asphalt laboratory testing to match current NSTIR requirements – Marshall Method and Superpave Method.
- Laboratory testing of soil, aggregate, and Portland cement concrete samples according to the relevant ASTM, AASHTO, CSA or other applicable test standard.
- Field inspection and testing during placement of aggregates, hot mix asphalt and Portland cement concrete.
- Mentor other laboratory and field staff;
- Communicate results effectively with client and Englobe supervisor.
- Technical degree or diploma in civil engineering (or equivalent);
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in a similar engineering field;
- CCIL certification considered an asset;
- Team-oriented and an excellent communicator;
- Valid driver's license; and,
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Nova Scotia on a required basis.
Englobe adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply.