Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe is the one of the largest soils, materials and environment organizations in Canada.
At Englobe, our employees’ passion, experience and know-how allow us to provide you with customized solutions, respecting your needs, your budget and your deadlines.
Englobe Corp. is currently looking for a Senior Materials Engineer to join its Mount Pearl, NL office.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Project management of Quality Control (QC) and/or Quality Assurance (QA) services on construction projects involving placement of aggregates and Portland cement concrete (PCC), as well as hot-mix asphalt paving;
- Review and reporting of laboratory testing of soil, aggregate, PCC and hot-mix asphalt (HMA) samples;
- Assist in the development of proposals and completion of technical reporting;
- Assist in management and supervision of laboratory and field staff;
- Promote and facilitate business development to a growing client base;
- Develop an extensive knowledge in various Departmental and materials testing specifications;
- Act as a Project Manager.
- Technical degree or diploma in civil engineering (or equivalent);
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in a similar engineering field;
- Experience and personal skills to mentor junior staff;
- Member of Professional Engineer and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL);
- Team-oriented and an excellent communicator;
- Valid driver's license; and,
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Newfoundland and Labrador on an as required basis.
Englobe adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.