Enterprise Saint John is non-profit organization. We are the regional economic development agency serving the five regional municipalities of Grand Bay-Westfield, Rothesay, Quispamsis, St. Martins, and Saint John.
Our vision is to become Canada’s Most Connected Community, where industry, ideas and investments come together to drive economic prosperity. To achieve that vision, our mission at is to connect people, ideas and investments to turn industry opportunities into economic growth.
The Director, Investment Attraction will be the regional lead for attracting new business investment from outside the region while also supporting the retention and expansion of foreign direct investment clients located in the Saint John region. This will be achieved through account management, research and information management, as well as value-proposition development. This position will also use strong project management skills to build key partnerships and drive initiatives that support the region’s ability to attract and retain talent and investment.
- Research and identify local, national, and international trends and opportunities that inform the development of investment attraction, and business expansion and retention strategies
- Develop strategies and initiatives to support successful investment attraction, and business expansion and retention activities
- Manage multiple projects involving local, provincial and federal government stakeholders, as well as private sector partners
- Generate and manage investment attraction leads
- Develop local value proposition, and effectively collaborate with Opportunities NB investment attraction team and economic development partners to close opportunities
- Coordinate and host site visits, and prepare and present information packages to potential investors and businesses wishing to invest, expand or relocate to Saint John
- Deliver on key performance indicators established for the creation of new jobs from clients expanding and relocating to Saint John
- Post-Secondary Education
- 5+ years in Account Management or related experience
- Highly developed research and information management skills
- Ability to navigate amongst relevant policies and trends, understanding how they impact local business development and investment opportunities
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential to building effective relationships with staff, elected officials, members of the public, government agencies community groups and media
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver audio/visual presentations to both small and large audiences
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system would be an asset
- Passion for growing the economy of Saint John
- Collaborative, team - based approach to work
- Bilingualism not required but would be an asset
In addition to their resume, qualified candidates are asked to include a cover letter that shows how they have demonstrated the above competencies in either current or past roles.
Submissions must be received by end of day on Friday, July 28, 2017 and should be emailed to Human Resources ESJ - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote competition number DIA0706-CB when applying.