The Nova Scotia Real Estate Commission is the regulator of the provincial real estate industry, whose goal is to ensure consumer confidence through the administration of the Real Estate Trading Act and the Commission Bylaw.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Auditor is responsible for scheduling and conducting on-site (brokerage office) and in-house audits of real estate brokerage trust accounts, trust account records and overall trading practices.
- Conduct compliance audits, prepare reports, and communicate results.
- Respond to compliance inquiries from licensees.
- A university degree in business administration or commerce.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to deal with sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Familiarity with, and ability to apply, provincial legislation and policy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and to schedule and conduct audits with minimum supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle.
- Compliance auditor experience.
- Experience in the real estate industry or familiarity with the Nova Scotia Real Estate Trading Act.
- Experience dealing with real estate contracts.
- This is a salaried position with medical/dental benefits (including group long-term disability benefits and group life insurance), professional development and mileage/travel expense reimbursement.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, résumé and salary expectations to the address indicated below by 4:00 p.m. on July 28, 2017:
Carolin MacDonald, Compliance Manager
Nova Scotia Real Estate Commission
601-1595 Bedford Hwy.
Bedford, NS B4A 3Y4
We thank all who apply, however only those under consideration will be contacted directly.