Director of Resident Care
Richmond Villa requires a Director of Resident Care, responsible for the management and supervision of the resident care team. Reporting to the CEO and working collaboratively with other Directors on service delivery in the home, the Director of Care is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the overall nursing program for residents within the home. The Director of Care is an integral part of the senior leadership team and plays a critical role in the organizations health and wellness.
- Degree/Diploma from an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed, or able to attain, a license to practice in the province of Nova Scotia.
- Extensive experience in effectively managing and directing supervisory level personnel
- Extensive experience with collective agreements, human resources and the management of unionized staff.
- At least 5 years of experience managing financial budgets.
- The ability to effectively and confidentially handle day to day labour relations
- Experience in Collective Agreement negotiations.
- Experience with Attendance Management policies and practices.
- The ability to effectively manage supply inventory.
- Effective leadership skills which promotes empowerment and teamwork in all areas of the nursing department.
- Excellent Computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs which include, Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- A demonstrated track record of being a champion for staff and resident safety.
- Experience in Long Term Care/ Geriatric environment.
- Experience with employee time entry and scheduling.
Forward resume to:
J Carson Samson
Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 250, St. Peter’s, N.S. B0E 3B0
Fax # (902) 535-2256
Closing date: July 31st, 2017