AV Group NB Inc. Atholville Mill is an exciting and innovative company that is backed by world class strength, the Aditya Birla Group (ABG), a 40 billion $US corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. Over 60 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations. As a member of The Aditya Birla Group based in India, our mandate is to produce specialty pulp products to service the textile industry. Consequently, we offer professional challenges in a range of disciplines to assist us to grow and operate. Located in Atholville, New Brunswick, situated on the Restigouche River and a short drive from Bathurst, the Atholville Mill offers outstanding career opportunities as well as the chance to be a part of a developing team.
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Maintenance and Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering support for capital project implementation and major repairs as well as engineering requirements for mechanical tradespersons, planners and supervisors. The candidate will ensure engineering services comply with Corporate Policies, Guidelines and applicable Legislation.
AV Group NB Inc. offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and qualifications, as well as comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Company Pension Plan, Group RRSP, TFSA and Employee/Family Assistance Program. In addition to base salary, we also offer a variable pay plan for this full time position.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for the development of new programs and projects.
- Prepare preliminary feasibility studies and capital spending requests (CPA) in accordance with the Mill’s CPA Procedures.
- Implementation of capital and major repair projects.
- Assist Maintenance and Operating departments with technical support in resolving new and ongoing challenges.
- Contribution to reliability improvement initiatives at the Mill.
- Follow best practices with regards to engineering design, construction and ISO/OHSAS procedures.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and prepared to work efficiently in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment.
- BSc. In Mechanical Engineering
- P. Eng designation registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB) or willing to register.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience in a pulp mill would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and leadership skills are essential. (verbal/written).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department:
Mailing Address: 175 Mill Road, Atholville, NB E3N 4S7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.