Test Lead (Ref: TL20170509BC)
Have you ever wondered how software really works or asked yourself “I wonder what would happen if. ..”? Are you innovative, motivated and methodical? Do you need to figure out what is wrong with a system when it is not responsive? Are you interested in working in a professional, but fun and casual, team environment to help clients reach their goals? If you're a hardworking, fun-loving IT professional who enjoys a challenge, PQA is looking for you!
At PQA, we live and breathe testing, and we hire people with that same passion. We seek out leaders in the industry - those who are moving testing forward, as well as those new to the career showing exceptional potential.
What makes you a good fit:
- Passionate for quality assurance and testing
- Detail orientated while working in a versatile environment
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Experienced in implementing and configuring test environments
- Experienced in using open source and commercial test management / test execution tools
- A continuous learner
- A university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB certification would be considered an asset
- 5 – 8 years of testing experience with a minimum of 3 projects / roles and 2 industry verticals
- Tracking and reporting status and metrics to clients and PQA
- Participating with clients in discussions of prioritizing testing activities
- Supporting the sales team with proposals, RFPs and SOWs
- Managing delivery of projects with a team of 5+ members
- Mentoring of junior resources on testing and professional level
- Working out loud – in-house training, blogs, etc.
- Demonstrating leadership to clients
Does this sound like you? If so, we really want to see your resume!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Terms of Employment and Compensation:
As a full time employee at PQA, you will receive a Group Benefit Plan, including health and dental coverage, competitive salary and a group RRSP plan. The successful candidate may be required to provide a Criminal Record Check.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Job Title and Reference Number in the subject line of your email. We thank all candidates for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please.