Senior QA Practitioner (REF: SQAP20170505FR)
At PQA, we live and breathe testing, and we hire people with that same passion. We seek out leaders in the industry - those who are moving testing forward, as well as those new to the career showing exceptional potential. If you have a passion for QA, are looking for structured career growth and are dedicated to advancing both yourself and the company you work for, we want to hear from you!
Here at PQA Testing, we are currently looking to recruit a Senior QA Practitioner, specializing on Agile practices, for our head office located in Fredericton, NB. In this role, you will advocate testing advancements internally and externally through the adoption of new methods, techniques and tools, training and collaboration. Your focus will be on assisting clients going through Agile transformations, and building up Agile testing practices. You will be our clients’ trusted advisor, guiding process and practice. If you are looking for a challenging role within a company that truly understands QA and Testing, then read on to find out more!
What will you be doing?
- Working with a new / existing clients to work out overall project requirements and the testing approach / strategy
- Being the senior technical liaison between PQA and chosen clients
- Developing and managing test strategies and test plans for project teams consisting of internal and client resources for multiple engagements at any given time
- Helping clients understand test approaches, risks, issues and proposed solutions
- Helping clients understand complex concepts in a manner that can facilitate informed decision making
- Assessing and managing risks and changes as they arise and continue working with clients as an escalation / defusing point for communicating overall status and dealing with issues / problems
- Providing mentorship, guidance and assessment for how testing should relate to the client’s process
- Building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Demonstrating clear understanding of customer satisfaction levels and taking corrective action to address concerns
- Providing sales engineering support by designing test solutions for client proposals
- Identifying value-add opportunities and promoting them with clients
- Guiding / defining strategy / approach for teams as they tackle specific projects
- Working to ensure that advanced and manual teams can provide a truly integrated approach to our clients’ problems
- Providing ongoing oversight and technical guidance to projects and teams on projects
- Providing mentoring and technical guidance to all employees to form and build foundational skills
- Assessing new technologies, new approaches and new discoveries in testing and QA practices and introducing them at PQA
- Ensuring appropriate training is available for foundational and advanced solutions skills, as well as for new technologies
- Representing PQA and the expertise of the company at meetups, conferences and on blogs
- Providing training and seminars to clients as needed
- Expanding and building the PQA brand via social media
- Sharing PQA’s ideas through articles, blog posts, white papers and conference presentations
- Traveling to other PQA delivery centers and client sites in North America for up to one week per month
What makes you a good fit?
- You have a passion for technology
- You are naturally curious about how things work
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You promote high-quality, user-friendly software
- You drive quality initiatives and process improvements
- You have great communication skills and, when you join a team, the team works better
- You are independent, creative and self-motivated
- A university degree or a College diploma in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 15+ years in progressive Testing experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in manual testing
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in Agile environments
- Has worked for 3 separate companies and/or within 3 different industry verticals
- Has worked as a trainer or coach
- Has written articles or blog posts on testing that have been published
- Has presented original test ideas at least once at an international testing or software development conference
- Assisted with the detailed analysis and interpretation of results to help identify and isolate issues
- Decision-maker and influencer with proven leadership skills
Does this sound like you? If so, we really want to see your resume! Apply today by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Location: Fredericton, NB
Terms of Employment and Compensation:
As a full time employee at PQA, you will receive a Group Benefit Plan, including health and dental coverage, competitive salary and a group RRSP plan. The successful candidate may be required to provide a Criminal Record Check.