Intermediate Software Tester (Ref: IS20150503ON)
At PQA, we live and breathe testing, and we hire people with that same passion. We seek out leaders in the industry - those who are moving testing forward, as well as those new to the career showing exceptional potential. If you have a passion for QA, are looking for structured career growth and are dedicated to advancing both yourself and the company you work for we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
You will be designing and developing test plans and test strategies, working closely with clients to bring attention to technical issues on some of the newest and most innovative software. You will bring innovative ideas to the table collaborating with other PQA staff to develop new ways to approach testing. You will continually participate in customer discussions keeping them up to date on project status.
What makes you a good fit:
- You have a passion for technology.
- You are naturally curious about how things work.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You promote high-quality, user-friendly software.
- You drive quality initiatives and process improvements.
- You have great communication skills and, when you join a team, the team works better.
- You are independent, creative and self-motivated.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BcS) or College recognition in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Understanding of current software testing methodologies to include risk-based, boundary, black box and white box testing.
- 3 to 10 years testing experience
- General technical IT skills, with knowledge of industry testing best practices.
- Ability to communicate technical issues at a level that is easily comprehensible to the audience.
- Ability to assess requirements for testability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong logic and analytical skills.
- Organized and detailed documentation skills.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on quality, results and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task, switch and prioritize between several projects or tasks at once
Other Valuable Assets
- Driven to invest time in learning new tools, environments, and technologies
- Continuously learning about and trying out new test ideas
Location: Guelph, ON
Terms of Employment and Compensation:
Our full time employees receive a complete benefits package including health and dental coverage, competitive salary, and a group RRSP plan. The successful candidate may be required to provide a Criminal Record Check.