Position Title: Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety Manager
Position Number: 2017-50
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VP Finance and Human Resources
Work Site: 2723 Quadra Street, Victoria BC
Days/Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week (weekends may be required)
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety Manager is responsible for all aspects of employee injury and illness and human resource oversight; including support of strategic and operational plans as directed by the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
We offer the successful candidate a rewarding, stimulating professional environment, competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to support work that helps people and improves lives in a beautiful, internationally-renowned, small city known for its mild climate and the quality of its many cultural and outdoor activities.
Duties and Responsiblities:
- Supervises a variety of human resource staff
- Lead the Human Resource department in key HR indicators; advising of improvement opportunities to enhance organizational efficiencies and support of employees
- Leads human resource practices, policies & procedures, disability management and Occupational Health & Safety
- Ensures compliance with collective agreements, Accreditation Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and WCB Regulations
- Manages and facilitates the delivery of the Early Intervention Program, Stay at Work/Return to Work Program (RTW), Disability Management Program and Duty to Accommodate (DTA) Process; working with a variety of teams, departments and staff in support of RTW and DTA processes
- Co-chair of the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee
- Leads the organization in the Certificate Of Recognition (COR) (WorkSafe BC annual audit); being an internal COR auditor
- Develops and delivers OHS educational programs and material to build a strong safety culture
- Generates monthly statistical reports related to workplace absenteeism, return-to-work, and Long Term Disability
- Leads and contributes to organizational wellness initiatives
- Identifies opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals
- Develops and maintains policy and procedures; including Health & Safety Management Program
- Works with union; maintain strong labour relations
- Assists in grievances, Labour Relation meetings and Collective Agreement interpretation
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- Certificate, Diploma or Undergraduate degree from a post-secondary institution in human resources management, occupational health and safety, Disability Management or other related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant HR and health and safety experience
- Proven experience in Attendance and Abilities management
- CPHR and/or CDMP designations would be an asset
- Working knowledge of office administrative processes
- Clear Solicitor General Criminal Record Check
- WHMIS Certification (to be renewed annually)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Ability to support management throughout the organization
- Excellent organizational, communication and team-building skills.
- Strong knowledge of business processes, with the ability to identify and implement improvements.
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector and a union environment are definitely an asset
We Live Safety!
The safety of our clients, staff and volunteers is a priority of Beacon Community Services. We promote healthy and safe working conditions in all of our operations. We are committed to continuously improving safety and it is essential to this position. We further support safety through the active participation and co-operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees.
All interested applicants can Apply Now! quoting the position number 2017-50. Please note only those applicants who are selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.