International French Language Skills and Technical Aptitude? We have a job for you!
Your skills and resume could be enhanced by the experience of working with our client, a global leader in the interactive white board technology niche. If you have language ability and technical aptitude, are energized by transformative technologies, and are keen to learn - this is a great opportunity. In this position, you’ll be troubleshooting technical issues and providing exceptional customer service support for our client’s software and hardware products for customers in the European market.
Blue Ocean is a best-in-class customer contact centre and we’re award-winning industry leaders in human resource practises. We’ll provide specific product training on the job for successful candidates. What you bring to the table is some experience and/or education; solid technical ability; commitment to customer service; and a track record of excellent attendance in addition to strong spoken and written English and French.
- Fulltime, year-round, 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- These positions will be scheduled for 8 hour shifts between the hours of 3:00 am to 11:00 am
- Professional, friendly, fun work environment.
- Starting wage rate for this position is $16.50/hr.
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Provide customers with a superior customer service experience, through a variety of channels including phone, email, or live chat
- To accurately diagnose issues and advise customers with respect to hardware, software and general customer support solutions.
- To analyze symptoms and recommend solutions to problems.
- Research questions utilizing appropriate resources.
- Install and uninstall basic software. Verify proper hardware and software set-ups.
- To fulfill customer requirements utilizing established processes and procedures
- Effectively learn and utilize the software and hardware to meet the clients’ needs
- Problem-solve to find the right solution for the customer; create a positive interaction with the customer.
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
- Have a combination of work experience and/or education from college, university or technical school/community college
- Experience of 1 to 2 years in a technical customer support role would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of computer set-up configuration (PC), plus working knowledge of software, hardware, PC, Mac, Windows. Ability to navigate application menus.
- Technical aptitude – learn technical applications quickly
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow procedures accurately
- Demonstrated empathy skills
- Detail oriented
- Typing speed of 40 – 60 words per minute
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and communications skills, written and oral
- Able to regularly work between the hours of operation
- As a bilingual agent, you have written comprehension, written expression, and oral proficiency in both official languages.
- Bilingual English and French agents handle sensitive situations where the understanding and expression of subtle, abstract, or complicated ideas is required. You will be discussing a wide variety of topics related to our client’s business in both languages in formal and informal situations.
- Your strong pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling allow you to support ideas, write explanations, and present thoughts concisely with tone and clarity appropriate to business situations.
These positions will interest people who:
- Are motivated to participate as part of a team
- Interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills
- Able to maintain excellent attendance
- Committed to quality and service
To apply for this, or any other position, please fill out an application form online at blueocean.ca/apply
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!