We’re looking for a tech/customer support wizard who is equally comfortable working in German and English to join our amazing team of multilingual, multicultural tech support pros. If you’ve got the language skills and the technical aptitude and are keen to learn - this is a great opportunity. In this position, you’ll be troubleshooting technical issues and providing exceptional customer service support on behalf of our client, the world leader in interactive whiteboard technology. You’ll enjoy working in a hands-on tech lab environment doing meaningful work supporting end-users in the education field.
If you’re an outgoing, positive people-person who thrives on being part of a high-performance team, and who gets a rush from finding solutions to complex problems, apply today! It helps if you don’t mind working early (really early) mornings. Your work day will revolve around European business hours!
We’re hiring a class of two to begin training in May. Apply today!
- Full-time, year-round, 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- The hours of operation at 3:00 am – 11:00 am
- German-English bilingual rates for these shifts begin at $21.50/hour.
- Great workspace – open concept, architecturally-designed offices flooded with natural light. You’ll enjoy our multiple break rooms and lounges, with internet cafes, white leather sofas, and TVs
- Loads of free parking and bus stops for major routes just outside our front door.
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support.
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and amazing employee appreciation events twice a year
- Gym membership, retail, and service discounts
- Employee benefits after 90 days
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Provide customers with a fast, efficient, friendly customer service experience, through phone, email, and/ or live chat
- Accurately diagnose issues and advise customers with respect to hardware, software and general customer service support solutions.
- Analyze symptoms and recommend solutions to problems.
- Research questions utilizing appropriate resources.
- Install and uninstall basic software. Verify proper hardware and software set-ups.
- Fulfill customer requirements utilizing established processes and procedures.
- Effectively learn and utilize the software and hardware to meet the clients' needs
- Problem-solve to find the right solution for the customer; create a positive interaction with every customer.
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable
- Have a combination of work experience and/or education from college, university or technical school/community college
- Experience of 1 to 2 years in a technical customer support role would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of computer set-up configuration (PC), plus working knowledge of software, hardware, PC, Mac, Windows. Ability to navigate application menus.
- Have strong technical aptitude – you can learn technical applications quickly
- Are a natural multitasker and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Are happy to follow procedures accurately
- Are empathetic and extremely patient
- Are detail-oriented
- Have fast and accurate keyboarding/typing skills
- Are a team player and a great communicator
- Have above average spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
As a bilingual agent, you have written comprehension, written expression, and oral proficiency in both official languages.
Bilingual English and German agents handle sensitive situations where the understanding and expression of subtle, abstract, or complicated ideas is required. You will be discussing a wide variety of topics related to our client’s business in both languages in formal and informal situations.
Your strong pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling allow you to support ideas, write explanations, and present thoughts concisely with tone and clarity appropriate to business situations.
These positions will interest people who:
- Are motivated to participate as part of a team
- Interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills
- Able to maintain excellent attendance
- Committed to quality and service
- Love hands on troubleshooting and helping others
To apply for this, or any other position, please fill out an application form online at www.blueocean.ca/apply
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check us out on Facebook!