Job Title: Warehouse Operator
Job Posting #: 4144
Department: C130J Trenton Warehouse
Department #: 3500
Reports To: Warehouse Shift Crew Lead
Date Posted: April 20, 2017
Position Type: Permanent Full
Warehouse Operator is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of aerospace products (parts, components, test equipment, hardware and consumables). Tasks include the functions of receiving, putaway, inventory control (stocktaking, shelf-life control), order fulfillment (picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting), and deployable pack-up kit preparations, while adhering to company policies and procedures. Also responsible for the efficient, accurate custody, handling, and flow of products from the point of product receipt to putaway/storage, from pick to product shipment/delivery (within prescribed service and quality parameters) to a number of points of delivery (PODs) and return-ship destinations. This is a performance-based contract and the warehouse operator is directly responsible for attaining and sustaining performance metrics and standards for inventory accuracy, order fulfillment and pack-up kit readiness.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Accurately receives, locates, issues, packages, ships and carries out non-technical inspection of all material and related documentation handled, ensuring it is correctly and safely stored. Performs multiple operational assigned tasks to ensure the accurate, efficient movement of material through all warehouse operations while maintaining an acceptable productivity level.
- Must be able to safely operate trucks, forklifts and other material handling equipment (MHE) and place MHE batteries on charger as required.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using material handling equipment.
- Accurately verifies inventory holdings and completes stocktaking evaluation.
- Researches and collects data and produces various reports.
- Prepares material transaction vouchers and other logistics documentation, manually and electronically.
- Completes approved amendments to publications and carries out filing, record keeping and detailed register entries.
- Provide on-job-training to other employees.
- Attend training for trade and personnel development and for qualification/certification purposes.
- Maintain an acceptable housekeeping level. Sweep and clean warehouse storage and office areas, remove all debris accumulated by tasks performed and maintain a clean, safe work area.
- Responsible for maintaining all company supplied equipment in good condition.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and directives established by the Company.
- When tasked provide task coordination with peer or team employees.
- Attention to the details of the tasks at hand, while acknowledging the potential affects to other functions.
- Practice all safety standards daily and adhere to the procedures for the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for self and others.
- Perform all assigned tasks and functions with best effort to attain and sustain performance metrics and standards for inventory accuracy, order fulfillment and pack-up kit readiness.
- Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Knowledge of material control and warehousing operations.
- Ability to use general computer programs such as MS Word (word processing), MS Excel (spreadsheets) and MS Outlook (e-mail and time management) and to perform data input/output and report generation using computerized inventory management systems in the performance of the duties.
- Minimum education level of grade 12, or its equivalent and related training and experience.
- Be in possession of a current provincial drivers license.
- Minimum 3 years experience in computerized material control and warehousing operations is required.
- Previous qualification and experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and reach lift
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions and work cooperatively in a small team environment.
- Physical strength is required for manually lifting and moving materials up to 22Kg in weight.
- Must be flexible with work hours and willing to work overtime and other shifts when needed.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. IMP Group Ltd. has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotian’s and Other Racially Visible People, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented.
If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.