CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com .
The Digital Operations Consultant is accountable for providing in-depth advice/consultation related to Retail Operations Digitization Services, to management and designated clients, within an area of specialization. The incumbent will assist in the resolution of routine and non-routine operational problems or issues by investigating, analyzing and providing an informed and independent opinion or recommendation on compliance issues, changes to policies, adequacy of operational controls, risk assessment, and control activities. Incumbent may modify very general procedures, processes and approaches to suit non-routine situations. May lead projects related to the development and implementation of new and revised policies, procedures and standards. Provide technical guidance and professional advice to more junior specialists.
What You'll be Doing
Provide in-depth operational and tactical advice and guidance to management and client groups, related to RO's digitization services:
Determine client priorities and objectives through consultation.
Ensure clients are well-informed of the specialist area's mandate and nature, including relevant policies and legislation.
Promote and market the concepts, products and services of the specialist area.
Convince client groups to consider and adopt RO's digitization and automation capabilities.
Interpret, provide advice on, and promote compliance with CIBC policies, procedures, standards as well as external regulatory and legislative requirements, in routine and non-routine situations.
Provide technical support/information to clients.
Evaluate the impact of introducing new methods or products into the client's operations. Identify and assess risks and opportunities for enhancing the performance of programs or policies, and make appropriate recommendations.
Provide advice to clients in formulating effective implementation approaches for the business area.
Champion CIBC values and provide support in a manner consistent with the highest quality standards and CIBC objectives.
May act as a subject matter expert for RO's digitization services/process and liaise with line management, clients, and regularly with external contacts:
Assist in the development of process documentation for RO's digitization services
Advocate and Champion RO's Digitization body of Knowledge to make key connections to client experience to:
- Make it easy for the channels RO supports to adopt digitization capabilities implemented
- Use data driven results to support adoption opportunities
Act as a "lead practitioner" in handling non-routine or extremely sensitive issues, problems or requests.
Provide "informal" leadership, coaching, etc. on routine and non-routine issues for more junior consultants within the specialist area.
Perform administrative and coordinative duties of a managerial nature on behalf of the function, including assisting in the preparation of budgets and plans.
Coordinate the preparation, production and distribution of reports.
Identify opportunities for increasing the efficiency of own department's operations.
Research and analyze specialized information related to RO's digitization services and recommend solutions to issues and problems that arise during the ongoing operation of business:
Develop process controls and tracking to ensure process output quality and to minimize/eliminate the occurrence of process errors and rework
Complete Data Collection of anecdotal and system sourced process data to support process analysis and improvement
Identify qualitative and quantitative analysis of documented processes and process data in order to identify root cause of material issues to drive continuous improvement
Develop and recommend client specific solutions to routine and non-routine operational problems.
Monitor audits requested by clients to ensure that objectives and regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
Develop and maintain productive relationships with designated clients, peers and others:
Maintain regular contact to determine client needs and provide appropriate support.
Liaise with external service suppliers and regulators to resolve problems/inquiries.
Act as a resource to other CIBC areas in reviewing the application of new or revised processes and procedures, and compliance with external regulations:
Lead projects of a moderate level of complexity to enhance and upgrade new and existing programs, products or services by researching relevant data and developing proposals and recommendations.
Participate in other's projects to represent the area of specialization and provide input into the development and implementation of policy and program initiatives.
Maintain "currency" in professional and specialized knowledge sufficient to provide value-added consulting to clients on an ongoing basis, including the maintenance of:
Relevant subject/functional area, industry and organizational knowledge (e.g. relevant practices, principles and technologies).
What We're Looking For
- University degree or post-secondary diploma in Business, Engineering or Finance or equivalent practical work experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others, including senior leaders.
- Well-developed social media literacy and Computer Literacy
- Ability to explain, demonstrate and encourage the use of Digital capabilities built within Retail Operations
- Passionate about digital technology
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio for documentation, modeling and analysis purposes
- Proficient problem-solving, conceptualization, interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity while under time constraints
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Compliance with all CIBC regulatory training and ensure these programs and policies are applied consistently across the business. The incumbent is personally responsible for compliance with all such regulatory and governance programs
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase options, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
What You Should Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.