Service New Brunswick
Senior Technical Analyst
Pay Band 5
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Technology Services Division in the Infrastructure Services Branch as a Senior Technical Analyst.
Reporting to the Manager IT Operations the Technical Analyst will work as part of a team of professionals responsible for the continuous development, operation and support of the infrastructure for the Government of New Brunswick. The Technical Analyst team will ensure that the appropriate technology to address business and operational requirements is recommended, acquired, installed, configured and used in an efficient and effective manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide team leadership and direction to a group of Technical Analysts;
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of technical server architecture principles, standards, frameworks, and strategies;
- Ensure knowledge transfer and mentoring to junior support resources
- Provide service to SNB clients and ensure processes and procedures are aligned to the SNB shared-services delivery model;
- Provide operational support of the corporate infrastructure and maintain various systems with the primary focus on the government’s line of business applications.
- Provide system setup, installation, configuration and maintenance including but not limited to hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Test and implement updates including but not limited to firmware, system patches and application upgrades;
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, application and various IT equipment problems potentially engaging internal or external resources for solving complex problems;
- Monitor overall performance of the IT environment and make recommendations for improvement;
- Respond to incidents, requests for service and support, and potentially coordinate resolution with internal or external resources;
- Act as a technical resource on various IT-related projects and initiatives;
- Document and maintain current systems, processes, and procedures; and
- Ensure that ITIL methodologies including Change, Incident and Problem Management are an aspect of all infrastructure and system support.
Essential Qualifications: Completion of a university degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of six (6) years progressive work experience or a two (2) year college diploma in a related discipline with a minimum of eight (8) years of progressive, related work experience.
Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
Asset Qualifications: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Enterprise Operating Systems - Microsoft Windows Server 2012/R2/2016, Oracle Linux, Red Hat Linux.
- Middleware Applications - Apache, IIS, JBoss, Tomcat
- Server Management/Monitoring tools – SCOM, SCCM
- Active Directory, Group Policy administration
- Patch Management strategies
- Backup solutions - NetBackup, EMC Networker, Veeam, EMC Data Domain
- Enterprise Servers - Cisco UCS, Dell, HP C-Class
- Enterprise Storage Environments – EMC VNX, EMC Isilon, Brocade and Cisco MDS FC switches
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
- VMWare products – ESXi, vCenter, VROPS
- Comprehensive understanding of networking, data center technologies, physical and virtual servers.
- DNS, DHCP, Digital Certificates Management
- Understanding of technical implementation of client/server and three-tiered custom applications, and infrastructure management and monitoring software
- ITIL Process and Technical documentation
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Operational Requirements: This position requires some travelling within the province. The successful candidates will be required to be on call for after-hours support
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, you must demonstrate on your application how, when and where you acquired the qualifications required for this position. Your résumé must present education and work experience in reverse chronological order, with work experience detailed in both months and years, and whether it was part-time or full‑time (e.g. May 2000 to June 2004 — full-time).
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within the same work location.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
Salary : $54,574 - $76,232 annually – Pay Band 5 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here before April 23, 2017, indicating competition number 2017-SNB-138.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.