CPA Atlantic School of Business
Location: Halifax, NS
The vision of CPA Atlantic School of Business is to be the Centre of Excellence in attracting, educating and qualifying future business and accounting leaders.
The Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) credential is the pre-eminent, globally respected business and accounting designation. It represents highly qualified professionals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to providing the highest standards of accounting, ethics and best business practices.
The CPA Atlantic School of Business has a mission to attract, educate, and qualify individuals to become Chartered Professional Accountants. Successful graduates will have met the requirements of a challenging and rigorous CPA pre-certification process that meets the needs of business, public practice and government.
Programs are available part-time with courses delivered through a hybrid blend of online and in-person workshops. Classes and exams are delivered throughout the Atlantic Provinces and Bermuda, in both French and English instruction, and are accessible to candidates of all educational backgrounds.
CPA Atlantic School of Business is seeking a Practical Experience Coordinator, located in Halifax, NS. Reporting to the Director, Pre-certification and Registrar and as part of the small team which focuses on admissions, related CPA candidate services and practical experience requirements (PER) leading to membership qualification, the Practical Experience Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating the workflow associated with practical experience processes. This role includes supporting candidates with timely tracking of their PER, answering candidate queries, assisting candidates utilizing PER software, and maintaining associated candidate records. In addition, the Practical Experience Coordinator will provide regular reports and analysis of candidate PER status to the Senior Leadership Team.
With superior organizational skills, a keen sense of attention to detail and exemplary communication skills, as well as the desire to enhance the candidate experience, the Practical Experience Coordinator contributes to the overall success of CPA Atlantic School of Business.
You will build close working relationships with all employees of CPA Atlantic. You will act as a spokesperson and ambassador for CPA Atlantic whenever the opportunity presents itself, formally and informally presenting CPA Atlantic’s mission, programs and services in a strong, positive and professional manner.
As a member of the pre-certification team, and reporting to the Director, Pre-certification and Registrar, you will:
- Follow established policies and procedures in accordance with national PER standards
- Provide guidance and support to CPA candidates as they complete their practical experience requirement reporting
- Provide guidance and support to employers, mentors and other stakeholders with candidate reporting, as required
- Monitor to ensure candidate reports are completed in a timely manner along with associated documentation for candidate files
- Assist with maintaining relevant practical experience information on CPA Atlantic’s website
- Maintenance of candidate files
- Provide timely weekly and monthly monitoring reports to the Senior Leadership Team, as required
- Liaise with other members of the Pre-Certification team to develop and document processes
- Support the Director, Pre-Certification and Registrar with required tasks, as assigned
Key Competencies Required for Selection
- Possess either a certificate or diploma from a community college, or equivalent, preferably with a business or human resources background; relevant work experience may be considered, in lieu
- Bilingualism (English/French) is required (please indicate clearly how you meet this criterion; verification will be performed for successful candidates during the interview phase)
- Previous work experience in an educational setting is preferred
- Excellent customer service orientation, supporting cultural diversity
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and related follow-through of assigned tasks
- Proficiency in various office technologies and applications including MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment and independently in completing job responsibilities
- Possesses strong written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to foster relations with a broad group of employers as well as candidates from diverse backgrounds
- A team-player, hands-on, deadline driven, and willing and able to “roll up the sleeves” to get things done
Interested candidates may contact:
Jason Varner, CPA, CA, Director, Pre-certification and Registrar
CPA Atlantic School of Business
Application deadline: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 5:00pm AST.