We have immediate openings for experienced and energetic individuals to join the Maritime Helicopter Training Centre (MHTC) team.
As a MHTS Operations Technician, you are responsible for maintaining the Aircraft Maintenance Trainer – Upper, Part Task Trainers and the customer service point of issue (CSPI). The Maintainer Training Device Technicians are responsible for performing device scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and manning the CSPI to issue tools and consumables to trainees. The technician is responsible for performing first and second level scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions to ensure the device is operational to satisfy the training schedule.
- Maintain the MHTS training devices suite equipment. Principally, the CH148 Aircraft Maintenance Trainer Upper (AMTU), as well as Engine Change Unit Part Task Trainer (ECU PTT), Hoist Procedures Part Task Trainer (HP PTT) and the Confined Spaces part Task Trainer (CS PTT).
- Operation and maintenance of the Training Flight Tool Room.
- Support as required on MHTS Operations related issues.
- Support training device modifications as required including review/revision of testing documentation development and conduct as appropriate.
- Compliance with MHTS maintenance programs including but not limited to; tool control, safety training, and fluid testing.
- Development or revision of MHTS Operations related Program Management Instructions (PMIs).
- Maintenance of the MHTS spares/inventory to ensure device availability.
- Performance of MHTS and MHTC Training Flight Tool room tool calibration program.
- Support on issues related to revision or maintenance of training device related configuration management data.
- Provide status updates of all aspects of MHTS Operations related schedule status, work and issues.
- Utilize CMHP IIE information services and enabling systems as required to conduct TSS work.
- Support completion of Training Service MHTS Ops validation/verification activities.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of operations at the Maritime Helicopter Training Centre (MHTC).
- Be prepared to work independently or as a team member on assigned projects related to MHTC operations.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as required.
- At least 10 years of Military experience in AVS or AVN trade.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of 406 OTS operations and standard operating procedures.
- Understanding of Training related aspects of CMHP In-Service Support Statement of Work.
- Understanding of Training related aspects of CMHP In-Service Support Training Support System (TSS) Statement of Work and its related elements.
- Possess or be capable of attaining a NATO Secret security classification on hire.
- Proven ability in planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a stressful environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of common office computer software applications.
- Thorough understanding and application of RCAF and Canadian Forces training doctrine, policies and practices.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by clicking the Apply Online button to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….