Our client, Backman Vidcom, has an opportunity for an Accounts Payable and Purchasing Clerk in Halifax, NS. Backman Vidcom, a locally owned Nova Scotia company founded in 1976, is the established market leader for commercial audiovisual design and technology integration services, which includes a robust security division in Atlantic Canada.
Perform purchasing and accounts payable functions for a busy and interesting technology company located in Bayers Lake, Halifax. For more information on Backman Vidcom please visit our website: www.bvcl.ca
- Generate purchase orders
- Order inventory and supplies for jobs
- Follow up on and track orders / backorders
- Process invoices, enter in Quickbooks, match to purchase orders and receiving documents
- Follow up on and solve discrepancies
- Track serial numbers for billing purposes
- Prepare cheques for signing with appropriate backup
- Some formal bookkeeping education
- Experience in purchasing and payable
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Personal Characteristics
- Excellent communication skills able to work with and communicate well with internal staff and external suppliers
- Able to multi-task and prioritize multiple competing demands
Backman Vidcom deals with hundreds of vendors and suppliers so the successful applicant must be organized and efficient and looking for interesting and challenging work. This is not a routine processing position as each job we do for our clients is customized to our clients' needs.
This position is open to part-time hours or full-time hours depending upon the successful applicant.
Our client is utilizing the power of our database and your application will be forwarded directly for their review and selection. You will be contacted directly by Backman Vidcom if considered for this opportunity.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.