The Processing Technician will be responsible for the handling, consolidating and processing of hazardous waste materials received by GFL’s on site Processing Facility. This individual must display a focus on safety and efficiency in a team environment while performing moderately labour intensive and repetitious tasks. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the loading and unloading of used oil material trucks and the processing of used oil filters and plastic containers, by operating automated systems that extract used oil and compress leftover materials. The required schedule is Monday to Friday from 4:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of used oil material trucks, while ensuring compliance with TDG regulations
- Maintain detailed records of drums processed and waste materials handled
- Monitor waste inventory levels and assist with general processing
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of facility building and yard at all times
- Participate in GFL’s Health & Safety program: including safety meetings, last-minute risk assessments and job hazard assessments
- Communicate efficiently with team members to ensure safety and efficiency in processing
- Ability to perform moderately labour intensive and repetitious tasks
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of TDG/WHIMIS regulations considered an asset
- Experience working in a safety sensitive environment
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.