The Red Shores Fulltime EGD Technician will lead the maintenance and repair of all EGD machines and related gaming equipment. In addition to maintaining existing equipment, the Fulltime Technician is also responsible for maintaining, tracking and managing spare parts inventory. The Fulltime Technician will provide relevant support to other Red Shore’s technicians and Gaming Supervisor team and will also be closely involved with the coordination and execution of all gaming floor moves, gaming machine conversions and the implementation of any new gaming machines. S/He must complete all activities while adhering to the PEI Lotteries Act, Atlantic Lottery, Provincial, Federal, Municipal and other applicable laws, regulations and policies as well as Red Shore’s Internal Control Manual and Departmental Policies.
- Monitor/assist all EGD technicians work on project activities and delegate special projects, such as Preventative Maintenance, to EGD technicians when necessary.
- Ensure all EGD’s and related equipment are properly maintained. This function may require the testing of EGDs for trouble shooting purposes or to ensure that the games are up to all standards prior to implementing.
- Monitor EGD technical performance and track all repairs to trend existing issues and ensure future product performance.
- Act as the key liaison for ALC’s IT Ops division within Red Shores facilities. This responsibility includes working with IT Ops to maintain all relevant systems at Red Shores, trouble shooting systems issues, implementing any systems related fixes required at the venues, etc.
- Working with the Distribution Centre, maintain and track a suitable stocking level of all relevant parts and equipment required to operate the department and site in an optimal manner.
- Develop and maintain inventory tracking for all spare parts including those shipped for repair.
- Ensure all applicable Internal Control Manual and Departmental Procedures and Policies pertaining to EGDs are strictly adhered to.
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and highest caliber of customer service and respect to all patrons and ALC employees.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by complying with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identifying any unsafe practices and conditions.
Experience & Qualifications
- College diploma in electronics or related field. Equivalent related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position along with 3 years in a technical operations or field technician environment preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong organizational, time management, planning and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong knowledge of slot machines and related gaming equipment and systems