- Satisfy customer needs for service.
- Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established company policies and contract obligations.
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of trucks assigned.
- Complete daily routes as assigned by the Route supervisors.
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion.
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
- May perform some additional responsibilities as assigned by the Route Supervisors.
- Responsible for curbside pickup of waste/recycling containers on the assigned route in tandems of two driver/operators splitting driving and pitching duties.
- 5 years of heavy truck driving experience in transportation sector.
- Previous waste and or recycling experience.
- Residential curbside collection experience.
- DZ License.
- Completion of high school. Post-secondary courses or diploma would be considered an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of industry.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to the principles of equity, accessibility and providing reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to navigate our site or apply for a position, please send us an email at careers@gflenv .com with the nature of your request along with your contact information. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.