As a Heavy Equipment Technician with GFL Environmental, you’ll be performing preventative maintenance on our fleet. This will include carrying out diagnostic tests and repairs to a variety of vehicles and equipment using modern maintenance practices.
This position is based primarily in a maintenance shop atmosphere, however our Technicians may need to make road calls and perform test drives to adequately service our fleet.
Who are we looking for?
- An individual who is self-motivated and can work under minimum daily supervision
- A reliable person who works well as an individual and as a team player
- Performs quality workmanship safely, and to the highest industry standard
- An individual who is reliable and dependable, in every aspect of their daily routine
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Company paid health benefits
- A group RRSP program with company matching
- Room for career growth and development
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician, ideally with a minimum of 3-5 years industry experience
- Red Seal certification would be considered an asset
- Competency using various computer systems to record and document repairs and diagnose problems
- Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must have a valid Class 5 license, or optionally Class 3 with airbrakes endorsement
- Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays
- Must be able to supply your own set of hand tools to perform basic repairs
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.