You are a part of a progressive service company within CERF Inc. that caters to clients in the construction, consumer and industrial commercial sectors. Our primary purpose is to diversify business through specialty markets. We want our work places and employees to be grounded on integrity; have a focused discipline and desire to innovate; and to be fulfilled with passion and success.
The ADO Attendant will assist the waste management facility with maintaining good customer service in the public drop off area, recycle drop off building and resource recovery building.
- Your duties will include assisting MCL with public drop off activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Provide information about proper locations on site to dispose of materials, encouraging recycling wherever possible
- Daily removal of material disposed in the wrong location and putting in proper location
- Maintain the cleanliness, pick up of litter and clearing/removal of snow and ice from the entrance gate to the PDO area including the scale and surrounding scale areas such as walks ways adjacent to the scale including area around PDO bins and cement area between the scale and resource recovery building. To be done on a daily basis with minimum disruption for customers
- Assisting drivers by ensuring that roll off bins are loaded in an appropriate and timely fashion so they can be removed with minimum down time for the truck and driver
- Maintain the recycle drop off building in a neat and orderly fashion by removing televisions etc., on a daily basis
- Clean and maintain the Resource Recovery Building by placing all HHW in appropriate lab packs on a daily basis; placing televisions into wire cages and remove cages to storage area, if televisions are too large, place immediately on a pallet in the storage area
- Clean, tide and sweep the ‘take or leave ‘area on a weekly basis or more often if necessary. Material is to be kept for maximum a month then removed to be either recycled or disposed of
- Assist other employees at the facility with all reasonable requests such as getting change etc
- Assist with special events such as Family Day, take or leave it days etc. as requested
- Other duties that may arise as assigned by supervisor or members of the Management Team
- Grade 12 or GED
- Certified Transfer Station Operator is an asset
- Must be able to lift 15kg
- A valid Class 5 Alberta drivers' license with a regular access to a reliable (registered/insured) personal vehicle
- Strong customer service/interactive skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written with all levels in the organization and with external customers
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to operate bobcat and other basic materials handling equipment
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative, and independence and inter-dependence
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.