Measurand Inc. designs and manufactures ShapeArray, a 3D shape-sensing automated instrument that measures deformation in slopes, tunnels, dams, and other civil structures. Measurand has set the benchmark for real-time, long-term monitoring of soil and structures. With over 80,000 m of ShapeArray installed worldwide, Measurand is the world-leading, industry-standard for real-time 3D land and structural deformation monitoring.
On behalf of our client, Priority is currently seeking a Process Improvement Mechanical Technician to join the Measurand staff. As Measurand continues to expand, process improvement of production is continuous. The Process Improvement Mechanical Technician, will be responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, modification, repairs to and improvement on their current and future processes.
Typical duties include:
- Developing, assembling, procuring, maintaining or modifying existing equipment to ensure efficient production methods
- Assisting the Process Improvement Department with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations
- Assisting with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions
- Reading schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment
- Performing tests, gathering data, and writing results and reports with assistance from the Process Improvement Department
- Actively work with each production process as part of the workplace training
- Promoting and supporting Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in the production department
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
Skills & Experience:
- Certification as a Mechanical Technician or successful completion of a mechanical discipline from a post-secondary institution
- 2 – 3 year’s mechanical trade experience
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable using common hand tools and power tools
- Display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, responsible, motivated and positive
- Self-motivated individual who takes the initiative to get the job done
- Must have a strong commitment to continuous improvement and change
Measurand Inc., is committed to equal employment opportunities, safety and wellness and offers a very competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits. Choose Measurand to enhance and develop your skills, knowledge and abilities in their exciting, growing industry.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to Priority stating Process Improvement Mechanical Technician in the subject line at www.findingtherightfit.ca/job-opportunities .
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.