GRANT- PAID JOB OPPORTUNITY
POSTING NUMBER: GPD-17013
POSTING DATE: March 20, 2017
CLOSING DATE: April 15, 2017
Department of Community Health & Epidemiology
The Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (CLSA) is a national longitudinal study of adult development and aging following 50,000 men and women aged 45-85, for at least 20 years. The study collects information on the changing biological, medical, psychological, social, and economic aspects of people's lives in order to understand how they influence the maintenance of health and well-being, and the development of disease and disability as people age. The CLSA is one of the most comprehensive studies of its kind. We are seeking Home Interviewers for the Halifax CLSA Data Collection Site (DCS) based at Dalhousie University.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual excited by the challenge of working in research on aging with a wide spectrum of responsibilities. Working directly with the CLSA Manager, the Home Interviewers will liaise with CLSA participants, perform home interviews and may rotate through the Halifax CLSA site to assist in day-to day-operations.
- Function as a member of the Halifax CLSA Team
- Set up appointments with CLSA participants by telephone
- Interview CLSA participants in their home environment
- Assist in coordinating the scheduling of home visits and CLSA site assessments
- Assist in the day to day operations of the Halifax CLSA site
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of degrees/experience
- Excellent communication and interviewing skills
- Experience working with the public is a strong asset
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a strong asset
- Research experience is an asset
- Access to a car and willingness to travel within the Halifax region
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work some evening and weekend shifts
Status: Casual – Flexible hours
Start Date: Immediate Pay Scale: $72 per interview
Deadline for application: April 15, 2017. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV by email to:
Please identify “DCS HOME INTERVIEWER Job Posting” in the subject line.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.