Our client in Aurora, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor.
- Plan, lead and organize work area activities in accordance with daily production schedules while ensuring positive employee relations and safe and efficient work environment.
- Supports Team Leader(s) ensuring daily production requirements are met while maintaining high standards of quality in a safe working manner.
- Guides, trains and directs Team Leaders by giving clear direction (Key Result Areas) as directed by Management without taking ownership by getting indirectly involved.
- Stimulates the problem-solving process by empowering and motivating others to make improvements – highlighting opportunities/possible solutions (dropping seeds).
- Ensures all resources are effectively utilized to maximize all value-added activities that support the overall plant operational goals with high emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all employees have been given the necessary tools to perform duties, i.e. personal protective equipment, small tools etc. and completes requisition forms as required for such tools.
- Reports to Production/Area Manager/Operations Manager or designate on all teams’ continuous improvement projects as per stated Lean Measurable.
- Conducts performance reviews as per monthly schedule that is provided by Human Resources.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budgets and capital requirements.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing/automotive industry.
- General understanding of machinery/equipment, small presses, assembly machinery, welding machines, etc.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing process
- Sound understanding of TS16949 and ISO14001requirements
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, i.e. Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights, etc.
- Strong leadership skills to lead and direct employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to source, gather and synthesize information to provide recommendations
- Ability to plan and organize daily activities
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Basic computer skills
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 108.
For additional information or to review other career opportunities, please visit www.halliwellconsulting.com