Reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager the Maintenance Supervisor is a salary paid management position.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Maintenance Team to achieve maintenance cost and delivery goals while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Perceives Operations as the customer of the maintenance department
- Ensure employees perform their duties safely ensuring that hazard assessments are done prior to carrying out work
- Schedule maintenance staff and monitor progress and results.
- Performance Appraisals of maintenance staff
- Lead maintenance employee meetings with agenda and follow-up with minutes
- Prioritize maintenance workload based on customer (Operations) requirements and required equipment care (PM’s, Predictive Maintenance, Breakdown maintenance and project work)
- Organize work using current CMMS (eMaint)
- Lead, facilitate and direct maintenance personnel in a continuous fast paced manufacturing process.
- Facilities and infrastructure maintenance along with responsibility for mobile equipment
- Sourcing of outside contractors as required
- Analyze process and equipment breakdowns and aid in developing corrective actions to minimize downtime.
- Apply skills of Analytic Problem Solving (APS) and follow up on reasons for losses through loss reporting.
- Lead 5S implementation and maintain the standards required for 5S
- Train and motivate personnel to comply with plant policies.
- Keep applicable records of production reports, performance, overtime, attendance. ROE’s (record of events) for personnel files
- Supervise maintenance employees providing direction, support, coaching and development to ensure effective employee relations and resolve employee issues
- Ensure compliance and consistent application of operating procedures, health & safety provisions, quality standards and company policy and procedures
- Flexible to work extra hours and weekends as demands dictate
- Other duties as indicated by his/her manager
Mechanical or Electrical trade, technician or technology or equivalent employment experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 years of maintenance leadership experience in a (Factory) manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and planning skills.
- Ability to analyze problems, delegate, and collaborate within a team environment.
- Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with employees.
- A continuous improvement ethic.
- A drive to create business value and efficiency.
- Conscientiously comply with company safety policies and practices
Interested candidates: Please send your resume and cover letter along with list of references to:
Robin Ferguson email:
Please quote competition number MS0320-CB when applying.