Reporting to the Plant Manager the Production Supervisor is a management position with the requirement to work shift work.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Production Team to achieve production cost and quality goals while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ensure employees perform their duties safely.
- Schedule staff and monitor progress and results.
- Lead, facilitate and direct line personnel in a continuous fast paced manufacturing process.
- Promote and facilitate teamwork to continuously improve safety, product quality, and production processes.
- Analyze process and equipment breakdowns and aid in developing corrective actions to minimize downtime.
- Promote an atmosphere of continuous improvement toward safety, quality and productivity.
- Apply skills of Analytic Problem Solving (APS) and follow up on reasons for losses through loss reporting.
- Lead 5S implementation and maintain the standards required for 5S
- Train and motivate personnel to comply with plant policies.
- Keep applicable records of production reports, performance, overtime, attendance and work orders.
- Plan, organize, and control production to ensure goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to quality standards
- Supervise production employees providing direction, support, coaching and development to ensure effective employee relations and resolve employee issues
- Ensure compliance and consistent application of operating procedures, health & safety provisions, quality standards and company policy and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent employment experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and planning skills.
- Ability to analyze problems, delegate, and collaborate within a team environment.
- Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with employees.
- A continuous improvement ethic.
- A drive to create business value and efficiency.
- Conscientiously comply with company safety policies and practices
Interested candidates: Please send your resume and cover letter along with list of references to:
Karine Morenault email:
Please quote competition number PS0320-CB when applying.