Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Competition #: 2017-24886
Bargaining Unit: Medical Science Professionals
Zone: Saint John, Provincial Program
Department: H Cath Lab diagnostic Imaging
Facility: Saint John Regional Hospital
Posting Type: Permanent Part Time
Job Title: Diagnostic imaging Technologist
Classification: Diagnostic Imaging Technologist 2 (DI02)
Language: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
Hours of Work:Rotating Days, Evenings, Standby and On Call,FTE: 0.5, Subject to change due to operational requirements
Salary: $24.84 to $31.01 per hour
The Diagnostic Imaging Technologist is responsible for technical and clinical work involving the provision of radiography procedures.
- Graduate of a Radiological Technology Program.Must be registered with the New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists.May be required to have training and/or courses to work in specialized areas.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required (level 3 proficiency certificate required)
The Diagnostic Imaging Technologist is responsible for:
- Assessing and preparing patients for radiographic procedures
- Preparing and operating equipment
- Performing procedures in accordance with standards of practice
- Assessing images and responding appropriately
- Providing specified electrodiagnostic services (i.e. ECG, holter monitoring) in some work locations
- Using clinical information systems to access and maintain clinical records and documentation
- Assisting with or performing quality assurance activities/initiatives
- Providing mentoring and support for DI staff, students and other health care professionals
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by April 2, 2017.
Note: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2017-24886-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.