Pond Inlet Housing Association is seeking a Maintenance Manager to manage its maintenance operations (325 housing units). This indeterminate, non-unionized management position is based on a 37.5-hour work week with some overtime, as required.
Wage starts at $42.52 per hour plus Vacation Travel Allowance of $12.38 per regular hour worked. Benefits include participation in employer / employee funded extended health and pension plans, relocation expenses and subsidized housing.
Mandatory requirements include:
- Minimum qualifications: Journeyperson Trades Certificate or Certification of Ability in Construction Trades or Construction Management Degree or Construction Technology Degree;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Strong work ethic and ability to train apprentices and co-workers;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Computer literate (intermediate, not beginner);
- Previous supervisory/management experience;
- Ability to work in extreme conditions, such as working in tight quarters and outside in cold weather conditions;
- Criminal records check must be acceptable; and
- Must be bondable.
Desirable qualifications include:
- Previous cross-cultural work experience;
- Previous experience using asset management software; and
- Knowledge and experience working on residential furnaces and boilers.
Note: This is not a “turn-around” position; it requires the incumbent to move to Pond Inlet, Nunavut and fulfill a full-time position.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
Prospective candidates should email a current resume to the attention of:
Manager, Pond Inlet Housing Association (email@example.com)
CC the email to:
Terry Kelly, CDO – Technical, Nunavut Housing Corporation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For additional information, contact the Association via telephone (867) 899-8977, fax (867) 899-8909 or email (see above)
This position will remain open until filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.