We have immediate openings for experienced and energetic individuals to join the Maritime Helicopter Training Centre (MHTC) team.
Flight Simulator Operator
As a Flight Simulator Operator, you are responsible for operating the CH148 flight training devices during training events, as well as performing required readiness checks on device equipment and Training Information Management System (TIMS Playback interfaces. The Flight Simulator Operator will monitor the event simulation and assist, as required, in the control of training event scenario operating conditions. Additionally, the Flight Simulator Operator will also operate and monitor TIMS Playback data capture and processing.
- Operate the Maritime Helicopter Training Suite (MHTS) training devices suite equipment. Principally, the CH148 Flight simulator in standalone and Operational Mission Simulator modes.
- Provide support, as required, on MHTS Operations Support related issues.
- Support training device modifications, as required, including review/revision of testing documentation development and conduct as appropriate.
- Development or revision of MHTS Operations related Program Management Instructions (PMIs)
- Interaction with personnel, as required, for schedule revision and development.
- Provide support, as required, on issues related to revision or maintenance of training device related configuration management data.
- Support the Continuous Improvement process for courseware and other training material.
- Support completion, submission and approval of the MHTS Acceptance Test Procedures and Maintenance Program.
- When required, provide status of all aspects of MHTS Operations related schedule status, work and issues as required facilitating program status update.
- Support in the preparations for management reviews, working groups and interface meetings, as required.
- Utilize Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program (CMHP) IIE information services and enabling systems, as required, to conduct Training Support Service work.
- Support completion of Training Service MHTS Ops validation/verification activities
- Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of operations at the MHTC.
- Be prepared to work independently, or as a team member, on assigned projects related to MHTC operations.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as detailed in the MHTC Flight Simulator Operator job description.
- At least over 10 years of Military experience.
- Previous military instructional/standards background an asset.
- Understanding of Flight Simulation and training development.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of 406 Maritime Operational Training Squadron operations and standard operating procedures.
- Understanding of Training related aspects of CMHP In-Service Support Statement of Work.
- Understanding of Training related aspects of CMHP In-Service Support TSS Statement of Work and its related elements.
- College Diploma in related field with over 7 years of experience or a BA/BS degree with over 5 years of experience.
- Possess or be capable of attaining a NATO Secret security classification on hire.
- Proven ability in planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a stressful environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of common office computer software applications.
- Thorough understanding and application of RCAF and Canadian Forces training doctrine, policies and practices (FIC, CFITES).
- Proven ability to communicate in both Canadian official languages.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by clicking the Apply Online button to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….