Regional Community Coordinator
Under the authority of the Program Manager of the New Brunswick Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Centre of Excellence, the Regional Community Coordinator will assess community needs and offer support and interventions to clients and families affected by FASD through education, service promotion, referrals, and community assessments.
The NB FASD Centre of Excellence provides services related to the prevention, diagnosis and support/ intervention for FASD.
- Formal training in the field of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD);
- College or university degree in health care, social sciences, education or any other discipline considered as an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with individuals and families affected by FASD;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in mental health;
- Experience working with youth considered as an asset;
- Experience working with members of a multidisciplinary team;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration;
- Ability to work in collaboration with internal and/or external agencies, as well as with families;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to relate to clients and their families in a non-judgmental manner and holistic approach;
- Sense of innovation and creativity;
- Ability to teach and transmit knowledge to others;
- Obvious interest in professional development;
- Ability to use computer tools currently in place throughout the Network;
- Availability to travel within the Network’s territory;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network’s management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by the Network.
Written and spoken knowledge of English and French is required.
Competition #: 5-17-105 EXT
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment.