Measurand Inc. designs and manufactures ShapeArray, a 3D shape-sensing automated instrument that measures deformation in slopes, tunnels, dams, and other civil structures. Measurand has set the benchmark for real-time, long-term monitoring of soil and structures. With over 80,000 m of ShapeArray installed worldwide, Measurand is the world-leading, industry-standard for real-time 3D land and structural deformation monitoring.
Junior Sales Engineer
Measurand is seeking to hire a Junior Sales Engineer to join their staff. As Measurand continues to expand, the sales function will be required to keep up with additional increasing sales. As a Junior Sales Engineer, you will be reporting directly to the Director of Sales. This is a junior level position, with the expectation that you will be given training and mentoring to grow your career at Measurand within the sales group.
Typical duties include:
- Describing the SAA System to all incoming sales inquiries, gathering information on the client's project, and recommending the appropriate SAA System, or passing the project to a Senior Sales Engineer
- Quick response time to all incoming sales inquiries
- Maintaining regular contact with all company staff and clients
- Giving sales presentations to prospective clients
- Staying up-to-date on all aspects of SAA Systems and all competing monitoring instrumentation
- Attending technical tradeshows and conferences to promote SAA and introduce the technology to prospective clients
- Creating periodic sales reports to provide to the Director of Sales
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor degree in Civil, Geotechnical, Geological, or Geomatics Engineering (or similar)
- This is a junior level position, and while previous experience is considered an asset, it is not required
- Ability to collaborate with multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Ability to learn sales software programs with minimal oversight
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong listening and question based selling skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
At Measurand Inc., they're committed to equal employment opportunities, safety and wellness. They offer a very competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits. Choose Measurand to enhance and develop your skills, knowledge and abilities in their exciting, growing industry.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to Priority stating Junior Sales Engineer in the subject line at www.findingtherightfit.ca/job-opportunities.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.