Web & Systems Developer
Office of Advancement
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,500 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, poised to celebrate 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
The Office of Advancement is a high performance University Advancement Team that achieves results by inspiring others to provide Dalhousie University with the means to meet or exceed its goals. Reporting to the Associate Director, Advancement Systems & Reporting and working alongside a Systems Analyst, the Web & Systems Developer is responsible for building, integrating, and supporting key applications used throughout Dalhousie’s Office of Advancement.
- Build, test, and deploy web-based applications (e.g. payment pages, registration platforms, APIs to integrate disparate applications).
- Maintain, enhance, and provide support for existing systems and IT infrastructure, updating documentation as required.
- Research and implement best practices around software development and database security.
- In collaboration with a Systems Analyst: evaluate and document system requirements; establish project time lines; design and implement testing plans for new and existing systems.
- Provide consultation, advice, and direction on: web application development, database design, coding standards, documentation, quality control, and security.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Apply online by 10 p.m. on March 10, 2017 to competition N77-17013
Salary Range: $31.01 - $37.82 per hour (32.5 hours per week, $52,930 - $64,549 annually). (SIT 2) This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months.
This position is part of the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union Local 77 (NSGEU).
Bargaining unit employees for NSGEU local 77 are given first consideration and will be notified regarding the status of their application. All other applicants will be considered when there is no qualified internal candidate and will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.