Employer Development Specialist (Ontario) (Term)
Management Career Services
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,500 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, poised to celebrate 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
Management Career Services (MCS) provides career education and work-integrated learning opportunities for students in the Corporate Residency MBA, Bachelor of Commerce Co-op, and Bachelor of Management programs. Reporting to the Manager, Employer Development, the Employer Development Specialist will develop recruitment relationships with Ontario employers, with a specific focus on the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), to generate quality and paid co-op, internship and recent graduate opportunities for programs served by MCS.
This position is right for you if you enjoy living in a digital age and you will thrive working autonomously but in collaboration with our award-winning Management Career Services team remotely from a home office in the GTA. A self-starter, you will be highly motivated to meet and exceed “sales” targets.
- Manage a targeted and effective sales cycle by developing a funnel of prospective employers, qualifying prospects and closing sales to engage high potential reputable new employers, and generate paid job opportunities suitable for our student employment programs in consideration of the targeted industries and strategic priorities for each program.
- Assist the MCS team in growing high potential existing employers in Ontario to expand their recruitment relationship, as needed.
- Promote our recent graduate, co-op and internship programs and recruitment services to Ontario employers; establish collaborations with key external stakeholders, professional and industry associations, and attend targeted networking events, career fairs, conferences and other events to expand the outreach of MCS to the employer community in Ontario.
- Assess needs of employers, provide excellent client service and advice on recruitment strategies to connect employers with the appropriate Dalhousie student employment programs and become a trusted recruitment resource to them.
- Conduct mid-term co-op review meetings with employers and students.
- Assist the MCS team and the Faculty of Management regarding various events and activities organized in Ontario, when needed. In particular, support the student recruitment activities of the Corporate Residency MBA Program in Ontario.
The successful candidate must have a driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle and be available to frequently travel to Toronto and in the GTA to meet with employers and attend events. Some travel or work outside regular business hours or weekends may be required.
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree in business or other relevant field plus 3 to 5 years related experience (business development, sales training/certification, or other related experience). Demonstrated success and proven ability to “sell” and “close” deals and create long term relationships is required. Experience working in the recruitment industry including campus recruitment, university co-operative education or work-integrated learning programs will be considered a strong asset.Excellent communication, client engagement and relationship management skills are required. Capable of managing multiple priorities within established objectives and timeframes, the successful candidate must be self-motivated, and comfortable working independently and collaboratively with the MCS team members as a remote employee. Proficient computer skills are required.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Apply online by 10 p.m. on February 26, 2017 to competition DPMG-17010
Salary Range: $49,498 - $66,968 per annum (ADM-05). This is a three year term position. In addition to the salary, a market differential may apply, if appropriate. This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months.
This position is part of the Dalhousie Professional & Managerial Group (DPMG).
Applications from university employees and external candidates are given concurrent consideration. Among short-listed candidates, university employees will be given special consideration. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.